The NCC in India was formed with the National Cadet Corps Act of 1948. It was raised on 16 July 1948.The National Cadet Corps is the military cadet corps with its Head Quarters at New Delhi.It is open to school and college students on voluntary basis.The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organization which recruits cadets from high schools,colleges and universities all over india.The cadets are given basic military training in small arms and parades.The officers and cadetshave no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preferences over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps.
Unity and Discipline(Ekta aur Anushan)
- To develop character,Discipline,Leadership,Secular,Outlook,Spirit of Adventure,Ideals of Selfless Service amongst the Youth of the Country
- To create a Human Resource Of Organised,Trained and Motivated Youth .
- To provide suitable environment to Motivate the youth to take up a Career in the Armed Forces.
Empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
To develop leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture social integration and cohesion through multi-faceted programmes conducted in a military environment.
- Physical Fitness
- Map reading
- First Aid
- Camp training covering basics of military training in Army,Navy,AirForce.
These training are mostly carried out in schools and colleges by the Cadets.In addition to this , depending upon the type of service,basic knowledge about that service is imparted to the cadets.
NCC SOCIAL SERVICE ACTIVITIES
- Imbibing amongst cadets selfless service to the community.
- Dignity of labour importance of self help.
- Need to protect the environment.
- To assist weaker sections of the society in their upliftment.
- Adult education
- Rallies(Anti-Dowry,Anti-Female Infanticide,AIDS Awareness,etc.)
- Blood Donation